Friday 13 August 2010

An Interview with the Apostle Peter

My name is Kobina Adoko, from Gtv News. We have a very important personality in the studio today. I will be interviewing him very soon about a very important topic, The Transfiguration of Jesus Christ. The story can be found in (Matthew 17:1-9, Luke 9: 28-36, Mark 9:1-9)

Today we're fortunate to have in the studio one of the disciples who witnessed the event. He's no other person than Apostle Peter.
Peter, good morning and welcome. Thank you for joining us today.
Response: My pleasure. Thank you for having me.

Question: Why is it that your two friends, John and James couldn't join us?
Answer: They're granting interviews to other media houses.

Question: Some people accuse Jesus of discrimination for not taken the other nine disciples with him to the mountains. What do you think?
Answer: I think Jesus took the three of us with him because we were amongst the first to be called as disciples. I must say though that I wasn't actually called by Jesus. I was invited by my brother Andrew, and I think Jesus liked me so he allowed me to say. Also, you will remember when we went to the house of the Jairus to heal his daughter the three went in with Jesus. Again, the same three of us were with Jesus in the garden of Gethsemane. I guess Jesus trusted us more than the other nine.

Question: For what reason did Jesus take you to the mountain?
Answer: You remember the day Jesus called me Satan? Hmmm! I'll never forget that day. Jesus called a meeting that morning and told us he was going to Jerusalem to suffer and be killed. In fact, I didn't want that to happen so I called him aside and rebuked him. Also, he had asked us about what people think of him so I guess he wanted us to see what he is really about.

Question: What really happened when you got to the mountain?
Answer: When we got there the three of us fell asleep and suddenly we were woken up by a powerful light and we saw Jesus face shining like the sun and his clothes became as white as the light. Then all of a sudden Moses and Elijah joined Jesus and the three were having a conversation.

Question: What do you think Jesus was talking about with those two gentlemen?
Answer: I think they were talking about His dying which was about to be fulfilled in Jerusalem.

Question? What did you do when Jesus was conversing with the two gentlemen?
Answer? How stupid I was! I was confused and afraid so I said something like... Jesus this is fantastic, let's build three shelters; one for you, one for Moses and the other one for Elijah. Before I could finish speaking a big crowd covered us and we heard a voice saying "This is my son, whom I have chosen; listen to him". Then we found out that the two gentlemen had left.

Question: I understand Jesus warned you not to say anything about what you saw at the time.
Answer: Yes! He warned us not to say anything about it until he's dead and risen. So we only spoke about it after his death. I wrote extensively about it in my two letters (1&2 Peter), and John made it even clearer when he wrote in John 1:14b "we have seen his glory, the glory of one and only, who came from the father, full of grace and truth.

What a fascinating story. Thank you for sharing this with us.
Peter: Thank you for inviting me. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment